Whether you are 25 or 55, taking action now to prepare for your retirement is essential. We offer Traditional IRAs and Roth IRAs – each with their own benefits. IRAs are FDIC insured up to $250,000 separately from your other deposits.
Traditional and Roth IRA:
- Available in 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 or 48 month fixed rate Certificates of Deposit
- Available in a 2 year variable rate certificate
- Available as savings account(s)
Benefits of a Traditional IRA*
- Any contributions to a Traditional IRA are tax-deferred on your principal and earnings until they are withdrawn.
- Contributions can be tax deductible.
- To contribute to a Traditional IRA, you must have earned income.
NOTE: For Certificates of Deposit, early withdrawal penalties may apply. *Please talk with your tax consultant for more details. The required withdrawal age is 70 1/2 years.
Benefits of a Roth IRA*
- Roth IRA is an great option for tax-free income in retirement as the contributions are taxable income upfront
- Contributions can still be made after you reach age 70 ½
- Qualified Distributions are tax and penalty-free
NOTE: For Certificates of Deposit, early withdrawal penalties may apply. *Please talk with your tax consultant for more details.
You can start the process to open an IRA account today by using our online Deposit Account Application! Please contact one of our Time Federal savings representatives for current rates and more information
Business SEP Option...
Simplified Employee Pensions (SEP) traditional IRAs are also available to small business employers. Check with your business accountant to see if a SEP IRA would work for your small business.